The Amarillo Branch NAACP Scholarship Awards are open to all interested Amarillo
area students. Scholarships are based on merit, academic potential, financial need, and
community service. All student scholarship applicants must meet the minimum
enrollment and qualifications required by the college or university they plan to attend.
Scholarship amounts $500 up to $1000. One-time payment (non-renewable)
All applicants must agree to the following requirements:
- Student must be an Amarillo area high school senior.
- Student must be accepted as a full-time student at an accredited College or University and show proof of admission.
- All scholarship awards will be forwarded to the Financial Aid Office at the college/university designated by the student on or about August 1st for application to the Fall or Spring Semester.
- Any and all funds remaining after the payment of tuition, books, and fees will be held for the student by the student’s Financial Aid Office for use the following semester.
- If all funds are not used within two consecutive semesters and/or summer sessions, the remaining funds will be forfeited back to the Amarillo Branch NAACP.
- RECIPIENTS MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
Scholarship applications will be accepted from March 1st to April 2nd.
All applications for scholarships must be received or postmarked by April 2nd.
MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
AMARILLO Branch SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
P.O. Box 2433
AMARILLO, TX 79105-2433
Download the application here: