Amarillo Branch NAACP
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Amarillo Branch NAACP Scholarship Awards are open to all interested Amarillo area students. Scholarships are based on merit, academic potential, financial need and Community Service. Student scholarship applicants must meet the minimum enrollment and qualifications required by the college or university they plan to attend.
Scholarship amounts may be awarded in the amounts of $250, $500 up to $1000
All applicants must agree to the following requirements:
• Student must be an Amarillo area high school senior.
• Student must be accepted as a full-time student at an accredited College or University and show proof of admission.
• All scholarship awards will be forwarded to the Financial Aid Office at the college/university designated by the student on or about August 1st.
• Any and all funds remaining after the payment of tuition, books, and fees will be held for the student by the student’s Financial Aid Office for use the following semester.
• If all funds are not used within two consecutive semesters and/or summer sessions, the remaining funds will be forfeited back to the Amarillo Branch NAACP
• RECIPIENTS MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
Scholarship applications will be accepted from March 1st to April 5th
All applications for scholarships must be received or postmarked by April 5th.
MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
AMARILLO Branch NAACP SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
P.O. Box 2433
AMARILLO, TX 79105-2433
AMARILLO Branch NAACP
City: ___________________________________ State: _____________ Zip: __________________
Telephone: ( ) _______________________ E-mail: _________________________________
Social Security Number: __________________________ Date of Birth: __________________
High School: ______________________________________________________________________
City: ______________________________ State: ___________ Zip Code: ___________________
SAT score: ________________ ACT score: _________________
College/University you plan to attend: ______________________________________________
Have you been accepted? _______
What is your intended major? ______________________________________
How many years have you been involved in Community Service? ________________
Please list any other scholarships (including dollar amount of each) you have been awarded to-date. _____________________________________________________________
List all awards and honors that you have received:
Please include this required supplemental information with the completed application form.
1. Most Recent High School Transcript (fall semester).
2. Academic Letter of Recommendation. A counselor or teacher , must write this letter.
3. Personal Letter of Recommendation.
This letter must be written by a responsible person in the
Community who knows you well and can attest to your character
A family member or casual acquaintance should not write this letter.
4. Write an essay of 250 words explaining why community service is important
5. Attach a small photograph to be used for newspaper press release if you are selected for a scholarship.
This information contained in this application for academic scholarship is true and correct
to the best of my knowledge.
Student Signature ___________________________________________ Date _________________
Return this application and all required supplemental information by April 5th to:
AMARILLO Branch NAACP
P.O. BOX 2433
Amarillo, Texas 79105-2433